Choice! offers renewable and sustainable power products to new and existing customers through energy efficiency programs, renewable energy credits, and LEED certification. While energy efficiency is commonly the first step to initiating a green program within your office, renewable energy credits and LEED certification allow your company to make environmental claims about the purchase of your electricity.
Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
- Renewable energy credits are the forms of electricity that are generated from renewable resources such as wind, solar, hydro and biomass. One renewable energy credit is equivalent to one megawatt hour of electricity generation
- RECs carry environmental and economic benefits – offsetting carbon emissions created by generation of electricity using fossil fuels
- RECs support the economies of areas where renewable generation occurs
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- LEED was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in March 2000. It provides building owners and operators with a framework for indentifying and implementing practical and measureable green building design, construction, and operation and maintenance solutions
- Clients who achieve LEED certification are subject to government incentives
In today’s market, increased awareness of renewable energy programs has lead consumers to support companies who are actively seeking to reduce their carbon footprint. Acquiring RECs and obtaining LEED certification is an ideal way for your company to add value to its brand. For more information please contact a Choice! consultant today.